Woohooo... :d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Just wanted to share the great news with everyone....

Finally kicking the last Windoz Box out of the family :Mischievous: . Just placed an order for a 20" iMac for my Parents after I saw how much they loved my MacBook and how frustrated they got with their PC.

I am still amazed at how easy they were able to find their way around my MacBook with virtually no effort at all.

By the way how easy is it to upgrade the RAM on the iMac. I got them the base model with the 1GB Ram with the intention of upgrading to 2GB later.

Hope everyone having a wonderful evening/morning...

Cheers

MMM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats to your parents, they will love the new iMac.

As for the RAMular Modules, it is quite easy. A single screw on the bottom removes a door, allowing memory access. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know how you feel. Practically everyone in my family has switched to Mac ever since I got mine. If my dad didn't have Windows specific needs, he'd switch too (he's been lusting after my brother's iMac since we got it last August)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
Congrats!

I had the same intention of upgrading the ram but was fortunate enough to not have to. From the looks of things, it is really simple.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone. They are Super Excited about it. It should deliver tomorrow and I will set it up for them on Friday when I go there.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Hooray!! Good for you! Getting rid of windows and all

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This iMac is a Work Of art. Just hooked up for my parents on Friday night and its simply amazing.

The problem now is that I am envious of their iMac. I fell in love with Leopard and all its neat little features. Even the mighty mouse is pretty sweet. The Keyboard feel and feedback are as good as my MacBook which is great.

My Dad already loves it. I wish you guys could've been here to see the look on his face. He couldn't believe how compact the iMac is, compared to the Dell with its Million & One cables. Now only 4 cables going through the iMac. Keyboard, Mouse, and Ethernet.

Overall its an awesome computing experience from Apple just as expected and then some.

Cheers

Mina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Congrats, this is great news.

I am still working on my wife - she has a Windows box and is happy with it. So, I don't push it too hard, but I regularly drop the odd hint about Macs. Sooner or later she will come around....

Reaction score
congrats man i remember that feeling when i first plugged it in....still feel it every now and then when i hop back in the chair haha.

might as well pick ure self up one man your gonna eventually....just do it...like nike hah anywho congrats :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.