Remote Responding Sometimes

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem where my macbook pro remote is only responding sometimes. It'll work for a couple volume adjustments then stop. I just changed the battery so it can't be that. The blue light shows up when I point it at the cam, and I have it paired with my macbook pro. Can anyone help?

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried pointing my remote at the webcam now I dont see the blue beam thats suppost to come from the remote....does that mean the battery is dead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Lol, the remote is infrared and you can't see any beam coming out from it with your naked eyes.

You should point your remote towards the black dot near the latch release button as it is the receiver. The iSight Webcam has nothing to do with the remote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
Skyrider007, there's no need to LOL the man... YOU CLEARLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HIS POINT!

The infrared beam which will come from the remote is shown on the screens webcam image when he has it open and points the remote at it! NOT USING the human eye!

Anyway blasdro do you have any other items which might be interfering with the remote? is it paired to your laptop only?

OP
B
Reaction score
^Yea, that's what I ment.

The only other thing i have is a wireless mac mouse, that I use. I have the remote paired to my laptop as well.

I might have just got a bad battery. I bought the battery like 3 weeks ago and the infared beam is not showing from the remote when clicking the buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
OKay, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you have replaced the battery and still cannot see the beam when you pointed it at the webcam then I think the remote is broken.

Just take it to an Apple Store and they should give you a new one. If you live away from the Apple Store then call AppleCare and they'll send a new one to you by post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.