Onyx keeps going and going and going

Reaction score
Onyx has been "rebuilding the launchservices database" for the last 20 or so hours. Whats going on? Onyx has never taken more than 20 mins for me. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Have you tried restarting the mac?

OP
C
Reaction score
It wont let me restart without quitting onyx. And onyx wont let me quit. I can try and force quit it. If I cut whatever its doing half way, will it mess anything up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
It wont let me restart without quitting onyx. And onyx wont let me quit. I can try and force quit it. If I cut whatever its doing half way, will it mess anything up?

Go to the Macupdate page and read the comments on the first two pages. Everyone complaining about pretty much the same issue you have mentioned or even worse. I read that while i was downloading onyx but I am holding off until the developers make atleast couple of more releases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.