I got one!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I got a PowewrBook! 12" COmbo 256 MB 40 GB hard drive.... shes sweet! better than my old ass iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Congrats mac dude!!!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Graphite said:
Congrats mac dude!!!
Thanks! :D Its gonna take awhile to learn OS X... and get used to this wierd keyboard... and the trackpad, but I got my pro mouse!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Awesome!

I have been thinking about getting an iBook too. Will have to go to SmalDog and take another look at them in person.

Did you get an Apple loan? Has anybody gotten an Apple Loan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shouldn't you be able to plug your old iMac keyboard in?

im with ya on those iBooks, ive wanted one really badly for about a year now.. if i get enuf money from working my ass off this christmas ill get it. (summer money is for school, winter money is for macs)

Ide read deep into the apple loan before you buy into it... bank loans would be better. :D

H

hokiethang

Graphite said:
Shouldn't you be able to plug your old iMac keyboard in?

im with ya on those iBooks, ive wanted one really badly for about a year now.. if i get enuf money from working my ass off this christmas ill get it. (summer money is for school, winter money is for macs)

Ide read deep into the apple loan before you buy into it... bank loans would be better. :D

yeah the apple loan is definitely not the best. I read into it a bit and the interest rates can go really high, so i just used a fixed rate credit card that had a high enough limit to buy mine. Thats the only reason i have the card, is to buy this powerbook. But 7% interest is much better than the 26% i would have gotten with an apple loan.

J

jazzjungle

PowerBook vs. Desk Top for Newbie?

Congrats. on your recent Power Book acquisition! I am in the process of toying with the Mac transition. I currently am running a PC (sorry) system and am eagerly awaiting input as to which route I should take in my transition. My feeling is that I should transition gently by purchasing the versatile Power Book first and if I am totally converted get a desktop later when the G5 wrinkles have been ironed out!

Any input will be considered valuable. I am looking at the 12" with 512 + 60.

H

hokiethang

jazzjungle said:
Congrats. on your recent Power Book acquisition! I am in the process of toying with the Mac transition. I currently am running a PC (sorry) system and am eagerly awaiting input as to which route I should take in my transition. My feeling is that I should transition gently by purchasing the versatile Power Book first and if I am totally converted get a desktop later when the G5 wrinkles have been ironed out!

Any input will be considered valuable. I am looking at the 12" with 512 + 60.

the decision process depends on what you will be doing with it. If its just for e-mail, web browsing, word processing a powerbook would be a good option to start with. If you are going to use it for video editing or heavy processor intensive work like massive photoshopping, you probably should get the g5 first and then get a powerbook later. The powerbooks are powerful machines, but the G5 supposedly does everything so much better and faster, it would almost seem to be a waste.

J

jazzjungle

Thank You For Input

hokiethang said:
the decision process depends on what you will be doing with it. If its just for e-mail, web browsing, word processing a powerbook would be a good option to start with. If you are going to use it for video editing or heavy processor intensive work like massive photoshopping, you probably should get the g5 first and then get a powerbook later. The powerbooks are powerful machines, but the G5 supposedly does everything so much better and faster, it would almost seem to be a waste.

I really don't do any processor intensive work, so I think the PowerBook will meet my needs for everyday use. I am a terrible procrastinator (like many), and am nervous about a complete switch-over all at once, hence the laptop route.

Do you agree that the PowerBook would be a good way to get acquainted with the OSX and Mac in general?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jazzjungle said:
I really don't do any processor intensive work, so I think the PowerBook will meet my needs for everyday use. I am a terrible procrastinator (like many), and am nervous about a complete switch-over all at once, hence the laptop route.

Do you agree that the PowerBook would be a good way to get acquainted with the OSX and Mac in general?
The best way to learn OS X... ignore it... you'll learn it...
lol thats what im doing now... What happend when I pushed the yellow button at the top? Clicked it to find out... WOOSH! Into the dock! SO cool...
I kinda miss OS 9 tho... :footinmou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It took me a good 2 or 3 months before I was OSX only. ever so often I run classic mode in OSX, but not in the last few months.. no need.. all my apps are OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
congrats on your new pb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
PowerBookG4 said:
congrats on your new pb

why did you just respond to a two year old post of a banned member?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
trpnmonkey41 said:
wow some one must of been really bored to have clicked all the way back two years

S

Steel02001

trpnmonkey41 said:

That is hilarious, way to go graphite, maybe you are an alcoholic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Steel02001 said:
That is hilarious, way to go graphite, maybe you are an alcoholic.

Graphite wasn't the one who resurrected this :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Right. PowerbookG4 did ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i didn't know, lol, i was really bored, just clicking around.

C

Cloudane

Nice to see he didn't have a chip on his shoulder once :)

So what did he do to get banned? (Sorry, nosy gossiping neighbour syndrome!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Unfortunately we don't publicly discuss why anyone is banned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.