Found touch... How find owner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Alright. Situation. I found an iPod touch, and I have been looking at it for about 30 minutes, going through contacts (none), favorites (none), history (none, no stored passwords/accounts), email (none), photos (none), map locations (like home, but none), About (Senior's iPod... closest thing to identifying owner), No matter where I look, I cannot find any information on who owns this darned thing. It is beautiful though... looks about 2 weeks old. But I can't keep it, it's $500. I want to find the owner! aghhhhhh. But I did lose my iPod 2 weeks ago... I'm jk. I'm trying to find out, is there any 'hidden' info on these things to find the owner? I thought of using the serial number... but I doubt Apple keeps logs of who bought what serial number from them, because it could be from any reseller. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually if it was purchased from Apple, the chances of them locating the buyer via the serial number are actually not bad...

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll try that next... cause I just went to itunes store, and pressed buy. It then said "email: *****@aol.com" and enter password. So I have his email now. Very good chance at locating.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, if the Email does not do it for you get a hold of Apple.

It's a good thing for the owner of the iPod Touch that an honest person found it and not someone else!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Good for you for being honest and going through the trouble to find the owner. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i applaud your honesty in effort to find the owner. it is refreshing to see that you are trying to find the owner rather than starting a thread about your new ipod touch.

if you found it at a store you could always let them know you found it in case the owner calls looking for it

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was at an airport. Left under a chair... Someone else woulda grabbed it if I hadn't first. There were no other items around, so I'm sure they were gone, and the plane at that gate was not there.

EDIT: Turning into airport = items go into large bin. Guy buys bin, and sells all the stuff for himself. If he calls the airport I will find out as I know someone who works there, and will be seeing if someone called. If not, then I have the email, which is much more efficient, person to person.

Reaction score
Wow, usually in Peru if you found something... it becomes yours. At least that's the common thing here, I personally wouldn't do it. I really think that you are doing a great thing, congrats man.

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, unfortunately for me but fortunately for this guy I'm too determined to find the owner of a $500 item + $100 pair of Bose In Ear headphones. Dang... they sounded good too! his itunes account was not a valid email, but Apple did have his iPod's serial number registered, and therefore contacted him. Got an email about 30 minutes ago. Moral of the story. Register your items online with their serial numbers!!! I don't get why I do anything good... nothing good ever happens to me. I have opposite of Karma or something. Bah... I hate this month. I think I'm just stressed out over 100 million things. O well. Time to go buy a new iPod cause I lost mine.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You did good! I am glad you found the owner. I know how I would feel if I lost my iPod anything!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here hoping he will give you a little something for returning it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well done ogacon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
Wow! Nice happy ending story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
charge for your services :) i wouldve sent you a check for 100$ no sweat.

no really, good to hear you did the right thing, you probably arent an american :( seems most of us are scum these days, ah well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
sweet. I lost my nuvi 360 last weekend in Vegas. I hope someone honest like you finds it. My home is set to my real home, so i am hoping to get my GPS in mail soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I like your honesty. A lot of people unfortunately in todays world would very much like to keep it, and wouldn't give it back.

I hope you find the owner, and please let us know if you do.

Thanks and Good luck !

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
charge for your services :) i wouldve sent you a check for 100$ no sweat.

no really, good to hear you did the right thing, you probably arent an american :( seems most of us are scum these days, ah well.

Why charge, I'm making him pay COD for shipping is it. Why is it needed to get money to do the right thing? That is what is wrong with this world... no one will do anything for anyone else unless "How much I get paid?". And I am American. Most of the world are scums these days. I'm just from Minnesota... Minnesota Nice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Minnesota nice is just a myth in my experience. ;)
Anyways, kudos for doing the right thing.

Reaction score
You're a great man ogacon!
If I had a brand new iPod just laying around, i'd give it to you.
But I don't.....

:D

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Minnesota nice is just a myth in my experience. ;)
Anyways, kudos for doing the right thing.

Ah, another Minnesooooonite, eh? I like boooats and hot dishes. Where have people been mean to you? Maybe you are the one that invalidates that statement, be the change you want to see! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.