Network File Sharing Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I recently did the erase and install and put Leopard onto my MacBook...i've also got a PC that i use as a file server and have all my home movies, photos, music etc stored on it. Back when i had Tiger, there were no problems accessing this via the wireless Network and i could easily watch long videos etc via the network....however, whenever i connect to the PC in Leopard it crashes and disconnects after 20 minutes or so, and the only way to sort it out is to relaunch finder. Are there any settings i need to tweak to sort this out? It does seem to be 20 minutes every time, i havnt officially timed it yet but judging by where it cuts out in the movies it seems to be every 20 minutes. Its not my mac's internet connection because im usually browsing the web when i watch a movie, and my browsing isnt interrupted....the PC is connected via an ethernet cable to my router, so i cant see how that would cause the problem.
Any help greatly appreciated,
Luke

Reaction score
I'm having the SAME problem and have a couple of posts out there looking for a solution. Any luck on your end? If I get it solved, I'll let you know.

Perhaps the solution is the upgrade to Snow Leopard in September.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.