Logic Express on 13" Macbook

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a 20" iMac at the moment and am looking to change to a Macbook of some sorts.

Currently, I'm thinking of a 13" Macbook (the 2.4 white one), but possibly (and very possibly) a Macbook Pro 15".

I'm using garageband a lot at the moment and so when I upgrade I'll get Logic Express with it.

I know that it will run fine in terms of performance...but am interested on peoples views on the monitor size?

I have access to an external monitor so when I'm at home I can hook that up and it will be fine, but the whole reason I am looking to change to a macbook is so that I can record stuff when I'm not at home, so is a 13" screen still useable??

Cheers!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I run Logic 8 Pro on a MacBook (Core Duo) and it's fine in terms of performance. I also use an external monitor when at home, or the MacBook screen on the road, again it's just fine. More screen space is always nice, but it's more than adequate.

OP
S
Reaction score
Brilliant, cheers for the quick reply!

Sounds good, thats a lot of money saved I think!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
If you're mostly tracking when away from home then you'll be fine with the 13 inch screen. The widescreen helps the timeline view and hotkeys between mix/arrange windows make it totally managable. That being said... You'll definitely want that second monitor when you get it home and start mixing it down... especially if you're using alot of midi/piano roll. I've got dual 24's and sometimes it's still not enough ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.