Changing the hard drive for a MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
I've got a sata hard drive, and I'd like to change it with my mac's HD which would be sata too.

I do understand that it will void my warranty but, I am in need of additional memory.

Anyway.. I've cloned my Current Macintosh HD with Carbon Copy Cloner ( Forgot the website ) It works like norton ghost . Clones your HD.

Okay. So . I changed the HD and booted up. Booting it wasnt a problem at all. But here's the thing. It was going too slow. I mean slow as in. It takes at least . 2 minutes to boot. My applications response is slow too. The speed is like booting from a USB port.

I dont know whether this is related but I've used that Hard drive for Time Machine before. But I've reformatted it. It still shows the Time Machine Icon for the Hard Drive. Also worried about a few things .

also does the HD need to be named as Macintosh HD?

Would like some help..

My mac specs are on the left .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What you have done does NOT void your warranty whatsoever.

What are the specs of the new HDD???

The HDD does not need to be named "Macintosh HD".

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
This is what it says on the cover

Interface SATA
Capacity 160.0GB
RPM5400
Firmware TO

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bump.. Anyone?

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bumps again..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you give us a bit more detail.

Where did you clone your original disc to?
How did you clone it back?

When you formatted the new disc did you choose GUID partition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i used super duper but before i cloned my hard drive i formated it to be hfs journaled (if my memory serves me correctly.) you may want to try reformatting the disk and re-cloning your hd if you still have your original hd

when i made a hd swap the first couple of times i booted up my mb it seemed to take longer (but not much).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.