Mac:Word not loading formatting

Reaction score
I work at a school which runs completely on the Mac platform. We generally use mac:Office as our office suite. One teacher is reporting problems with Word. I checked it out, and when opening Word documents, Word does not display the saved fonts, formattings, etc. Instead, it just shows the raw text, including some basic formatting "tags"... (e.g. the name of the font the was saved). I tried opening the documents in textedit, and the formatting loads properly, which narrows this down to Word not opening docs properly (not the documents being saved, etc)... Anyone else having this problem? I'd rather not have to reinstall office, but I will if I must.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Nobody knows? I need some help. This teacher is getting impatient. I have no idea what it could be... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I would recommend re-installing Office. I know its not what you wanted to hear. Sorry. It shouldn't be that hard though. It shouldn't erase any documents or anything.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I would recommend re-installing Office. I know its not what you wanted to hear. Sorry. It shouldn't be that hard though. It shouldn't erase any documents or anything.
I know its not hard, its just a pain to do. I guess I have no choice... :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Sorry. I cant think of any other reason why it would do that. If you want you can curse Microsoft under your breath the whole time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.