Problem Installing!!!

Reaction score
i have a g4 emac power pc 1gh processor running osx 10.2.8

when i try to install software, i.e logic, reason, recycle or any other programs for that matter, it tells me that 'this system is not compatible'. ive tried various software updates but nothing seems to work.

any suggestions grateful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I would guess your OS is a little out of date, for those programs. Most would probably need 10.4 (Tiger) to run.

You'd need to purchase a retail version. You don't need every OS in order. For your situation, you can jump straight to Tiger or Leopard. You can then update for the specific OS, for example, 10.3 (Panther) can be upgraded to 10.3.9 , Tiger's final update was 10.4.11 (combo update) and Leopard, at this time, is at 10.5.2 Upgrades are free, if you have that specific OS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_history#Mac_OS_X

Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the Forums wylde. You will not get any further software updates for your operating system.

Agree with Soulwar you should try and install Tiger X.4.11 on your eMac and it will run very nice, or if you are adventurous go to Leopard as your eMac is over the 867MHz requirement.

If you do go with leopard do you know your machine will take 2 x 1GB RAM modules? Check this out with OWC www.macsales.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Logic and Reason both state on the box the minimum OS requirements - for Logic 8 it is 10.4.11, for Reason 3 it is 10.3.9

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website and I have no clue how to open my own thread or whatever so yeah... I think my question is rather simple, but I'm semi clueless about Macs. Whenever I try to instal a new program or software, a message comes up that the computer doesn't know what to open it with. I've tried changing what application to open it up with but nothing has worked. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Sorry to bother you. :-\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well for starters now you are here, what model machine and operating system are you using and what is the software you are trying to install? If you are switching remember most Mac applications are that and PC application s as a rule of thumb will not install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.