Why won't iMovie import videos to my external hdd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I only have 4 gb of space on my macbook pro and i want to import some videos into imovie but it wont show my external hard drive portion as a "save in" source. It'll show my time machine portion though, which is on the same hard drive.

PS. I also have imovie on my external drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
How is the partition formatted? I don't think iMovie will save to anything other than an HFS+ partition.

OP
birdhouse360360
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
fat32, thats what i sort of figured cause it'll recognized the journal partition (timemachine). thats poop.

Reaction score
We just got a new MBP, we had a iBook G4. Both access an external hard drive through AirPort Extreme. We want to save iMovie stuff on the external drive but it doesn't show on import video dialog. I could see the EHD Event Library but couldnt drag and drop it to the EHD.

I have no idea how the EHD is formatted, but suspect it isnt the MAC OS extended (journaled). Is it possible to make this work without formatting the entire EHD?

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.