Network Storage & iTunes

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've created a startup script that does the following:

1. create a directory on my desktop
2. mount a share on my network attached storage
3. basically 'point' the directory to the mounted share

Now the following problem. iTunes. I've added all my mp3's --- it plays, without a problem, but as soon as I've restarted my macmini, iTunes has all the files in the library, but DOES NOT PLAY IT. it doesn't find the files, eventhough everything is visible in finder. I've also pointed iTunes's music library to the NAS.

I don't know what to do anymore?! Please help!!!!
T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum!

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what the script part of your post has got to do with your iTunes problem. Can you give a few more details pleased.

Is it the 'end result' you want - iTunes on your mac mini with your music stored on the NAS drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you've moved your music to the storage you might need to just delete it all from iTunes and add the new folder to the library again... sorry if I'm way off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ok, try manually remounting the networked drive. I also run my itunes content off a network, and my songs show in the list when I'm at work (obviously not going to have access to my home network). On the cases I've had where I've experienced what you're describing the networked drive is not mounted. I don't bother with a localized alias folder though. I did have to change some of my smb share names on the network though. I had problems when I had more than one smb share named 'mp3' mounted. It would sometimes choose the wrong one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.