Networking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well I successfully networked my iBook and my Dell desktop today. File sharing works great. Now if I can just figure out how to print to my LaserJet 6L on my Dell, I'd be all set. I tried the IP printing tip as well as the SMB printing, but it just prints endless blank pages when I try. I guess part of it is that I don't have the specific driver for my printer listed. but I've tried generic as well as the HP LaserJet 1200 driver which should work. Any advice on this one?

H

hokiethang

schweb said:
Well I successfully networked my iBook and my Dell desktop today. File sharing works great. Now if I can just figure out how to print to my LaserJet 6L on my Dell, I'd be all set. I tried the IP printing tip as well as the SMB printing, but it just prints endless blank pages when I try. I guess part of it is that I don't have the specific driver for my printer listed. but I've tried generic as well as the HP LaserJet 1200 driver which should work. Any advice on this one?

I had similar problems. Since i run a linux/windows/mac environment, IP printing works the best. I had to install Gimp Print drivers for my printer (HP 970Cxi, and 870CSE) but after that was installed everything worked great. This link is the one i used to find it. As for getting gimp print i think i just googled it and it came up. http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021230045509864

That should help.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for the advice on gimp-print. I downloaded and installed that and Ghostscript and now I'm able to print to my Laserjet 6L just fine via SMB!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.