any way to get a middle-click?

Reaction score
I use a Firefox extension that provides select functionality for middle-clicking on tabs. But I can't get Leopard to actually recognize the middle-click. (Trying the "Let Mac OS handle the click" option doesn't exactly work.

Can anyone recommend a good utility for allowing a middle-click?

Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open System Preferences, Keyboard/Mouse. Click on the mouse tab. Look at the arrow pointing at the center (Scroll Wheel) button. Set it to Button 3. See if that works. I hope that is what you are after. Has worked for me with tabs.

OP
F
Reaction score
Open System Preferences, Keyboard/Mouse. Click on the mouse tab. Look at the arrow pointing at the center (Scroll Wheel) button. Set it to Button 3. See if that works. I hope that is what you are after. Has worked for me with tabs.
I figured this out. System Preferences --> Expose & Dashboard. Therein the middle-click button was being mapped to the Dashboard (and thus overriding the middle-click functionality elsewhere for all applications).

Sweetness!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.