Best Way to Clean the Keyboard

Reaction score
What is the best way of cleaning the keyboard and the metal surrounding the keyboard. I was thinking about using rubbing alcohol and just a soft rag so that if any liquid drops under the keyboard it will just evaporate quickly? Has anyone tried this with good results? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i just use a normal damp cloth..i make sure any excess water is squeezed out so that there is no question of dripping

Reaction score
to clean the mettle I just use a damp cloth.

To clean the keyboard I just hold it upside down and blow really hard. you could also try using some sort of blowing device like a puffer that you use for cleaning camera lenses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
i tried the puffer for camera lens but it made the screen dusty... lol? then when i blow the screen, the keyboard gets dusty again :D i fully agree with ROHAN's suggestion of using a damp cloth, or alternatively, you could use tissues (yay)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
They sell these dust cans at any local computer store that are meant to spray over your keyboard to get a lot of the dust out from under....they work great and they aren't too expensive. And to get the top of the keyboard I use these wet wipes made for cleaning the computer which also work great and aren't too expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Unplug it or turn it off, and use a vacuum cleaner with a dusting brush. Combine that with a canned gas duster or compressed air as needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.