Ipod Classic Problem.

Reaction score
Hey whats up. I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...anyway I have a ipod classic 80 gig and I've been using it with my MacBook Pro for a few months. The other day I plugged it into my USB and it showed up on my desktop and opened itunes but did not show up under devices, and the "devices" heading isn't even there. I searched everywhere for an answer to this. So far I've tried putting it in disk mode and resetting it. This is driving me crazy haha. If anyone has any idea what's going on please help out, I'd appreciate it. I'm also still getting used to my MacBook so try putting things pretty simple if you respond...thanks for reading.

P.S. I do have the latest version of itunes.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah I tried that. I couldn't find a straight answer...thanks though.

EDIT: This is what I get in the support http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60950. The problem Is I would restore if I could and this would probably fix my problem, but I need to have it in my source list to restore.

This is really annoying, I've been trying to fix it for 3 days now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
1) First off, connect your iPod to your computer and then restart your computer. Sometimes that's a quick and easy fix. Also try restarting your iPod.
2) If restarting doesn't work, try forcing your iPod into Disk Mode.
3) Does your iPod appear in Windows Explorer or on the OS X Desktop but not in iTunes or iPod Updater? There may be a software conflict, or the iPod software didn't load properly. You may see an "iPod Service Error" alert or a "Please Reinstall iTunes" message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.