Screen problems on iMac G3

M

mastiles

I have just bought a hardly used iMac Snow but the screen has a slight cast to it - it is brighter toward the top left than elsewhere on the screen. Additionally it appears to be slightly out of focus.

Can I degaus the screen or is there any other possible fixes?

OP
M

mateo107

imac screen

I'm not sure if there is any degaus function on the iMacs, but I do know that apple burried some controls for max screen image (hieght width, etc...) if you open up the case.

I'm sorry I don't have more info., because I've only dealt with the Rev2 iMacs, and not one as new as yours, but I'm sure if you type "imac screen adjustment" into Google.com or something, you could be able to find out how to adjust these items.

Best of luck!

-Matt-

mastiles said:
I have just bought a hardly used iMac Snow but the screen has a slight cast to it - it is brighter toward the top left than elsewhere on the screen. Additionally it appears to be slightly out of focus.

Can I degaus the screen or is there any other possible fixes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.