Boot Camp Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about picking up xp tomorrow but I was wondering about a few things.
Can I get my itunes songs from my mac on itunes on XP?
If i download things via bittorrent on XP can I transfer them to my Mac OS?
How smoothly do games run on XP?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you format the Windows partition as FAT32, then accessing the Windows files from OS X will be a relatively painless process. However, it should be noted that Windows can't natively access an OS X partition, so while you can access the Windows files from within OS X, doing so the other way would require third party software (i.e. MacDrive).

For the music thing, you could place the music on the Windows partition, thereby allowing you to access it from both operating systems. Best thing to do, however, would be to place it on an external hard drive to prevent any complications due to different directory structures.

You can easily access files downloaded in XP from OS X.

Games will run just as smoothly as they would on any other Windows PC with similar specs.

OP
Sprunk
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. I have XP installed and everything now. But while I'm in XP when I scroll up and down and try to move program windows around they lag and I'm not sure if Windows is recognizing my graphics card? I have a Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT and I looked for drivers but I cant seem to find any?
Anyone know whats wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you install the drivers off the restore disc?

OP
Sprunk
Reaction score
Also, my Wifi Signal while in bootcamp xp is very weak. While on my Mac OSX its perfect, but as soon as I switch to windows the connection drops dramatically. I've updated my wireless router and everything that I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Could I have missed a driver when I put in the Leopard disk?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.