Power Supply Problem with 15-inch PowerBook

Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this.

Suddenly, my PowerBook adapter is no longer charging the laptop. I had a problem a few months ago where the battery suddenly will no longer recharge, as mentioned all over the Apple forums, which I still can't see any concrete resolution about.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I need a new power adapter, or perhaps the Power-in board may be dead?

I may have to take the laptop along to the nearest Apple Store, as the 15inch uses the 65W adapter, and my 12inch PowerBook uses a 45W one.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of prices I may be looking at for replacement of the board, or of a new adapter. I'm in the UK, by the way.

I also know there may be third party adapters for sale. Does anyone have any experience with these? And any recommended retailers?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't help you with retailers since I'm in Texas, however, you might wish to go here: http://www.ifixit.com/ and price the items you need. The site also has step by step instructions on how to do repairs.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.