MacBook Pro wont start

Reaction score
Hi.
I've had this problem 2 times this past month. I shut down the computer and when i start it up it just doesn't show that grey/white screen with the apple. and i doesn't start up. There's just this black screen and the computer starts to make noise like when it's heating up.. you know?

The little white light at the open button is just like if the computer was on..

Last time i fixed it by holding down the power button till a noise came. Then the white/grey screen appeared.. That time i think it was because of a mac osx update..

Today i installed Boot camp, but when i saw it was expired i just closed it but didn't uninstall.. Could this be why?

I don't know what to do.. I have finals next week and some of my work is on my macbook... i would be great if ANYONE could help me..

I'm sorry for my bad english.. I live in Sweden.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
Tomo, first off please don't apologize for your english. I wish I could speak Swedish as well as you're speaking english. You're doing fine. Have you tried booting off (from) your Apple system disk? If you can boot from that you miht be able to run a repair or diagnostic program and fix the problem. Please forgive me if Im off base here. Im just getting back into the Machintosh after years away from it. I hope the advice Im giving you is accurate. Im sure someone more qualified than me will chime in here and help you out.

Ill be in Varberg (Sweden) working at the Ringhals Nuclear Generating Station in June.

Happy mid-summer to you, and good luck.

Thomas

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi MacBookProJoe.

Haha thank you, i try study hard :D

Thanks for yor advise :) i'll try doing that..

It's weird, when i push the start button it makes that usual sound, but then it just doesn't do anything further. :Grimmace:

Again today, i held down the button and waited for the sound, this time it came again!! So i'm on it now, but i turned it off to see if the problem was still there.. and it was.. I had to wait for some hours for it to make that sound again and start up..

But i'll try doing what you said :D

I hope i can fix the problem.. First when i bought it the screen was croocked, so i had so send it in,, took 2 months! And it wasn't even fixed.. But i sent it in again, took another 2 months, but screen was fixed.. I just can't live without my Macbook for 2 month :Sleeping:

If anyone else have an other solution for this problem, please write :)

THANKS AGAIN!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I had that exact same problem before, and it was a logic board issue. I gave it to apple and they fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.