big, big, huge problem, please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 700MH, Mac mini 1.66GH core duo, iPod 5G 60Gig
My iBook will not start up. I've tried everything I can think of. Hardware test disc, install disc, safe mode, even target disc mode connected to another computer and nothing. The screen won't even turn on although it does make the satrup noise everytime. Right now I think I'll have to get it repaired but if anybody has any other suggestions it would be much appreciated.

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I had already checked that, I'm not sure if it's the problem, but it sure sounds like it. Looks like I finally have an excuse to check out my local Apple Retail Store. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds bad, Id say get it to apple.

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it in 2002, but the serial number isn't one on the list.

C

code777

yikes, i don't know u better just have a tech look at it, doesn't sound good...i'm sorry

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll let you know how things turn out after I visit the apple store.

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, and thanks for your help.

L

Lasha

I have heard and even seen similar problems. I think it's the PowerSupply of the notebook that probably went bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I had a similar situation recently that was caused by something totally unexpected. I set up my iBook, plugged in the power cable and turned it on. I got the start up chime and then nothing. I messed around with it a bit and realized that the green light where the power cord was plugged into the iBook was off and not green or orange. Turned out the outlet I was pugged into had equal sized plug holes and the power supply was plugged in upside down. When I turned it around, the plug light came on and when I booted, the iBook booted right up, no problems. Not many plugs do this anymore, but it was in an "industrial" environment.

Just a thought....

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The "mac genius" at the store thinks it's the logic board thing, and the serial numer somehow changed to one falling between the requirement (I guess I can't read). Anyway he said I could have it back as soon as three days.

On a side note, how cool is the apple retail store? I wanted to roll out a sleeping bag and just live there.

C

code777

yeah its a cool place but i hear they don't pay well. my friend worked there for only 3 months and all he was charged to do was "push iPods and iPod accesories" and cash customers out. He wasn't allowed to do the computers, don't ask. but yeah that store is neat and I like the layout.

Hope you get your iBook back soon!!!!!!!

X

X Im just meE o

Apple stores? Where?

Are there any "Apple retail stores" in New York City? (Manhatten)
:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, SOHO. It's one of the 5 flagship stores...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
That store.........RULES!!!!!!!

I wanna live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

Lasha

Yep. That Flagship store at SOHO is freaking amazing! I plan on visiting it soon when I get the chance. Nice 45minute subway ride. :)

OP
trp_m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
keeping everyone up to date

Got my ibook back today. Everything works fine, and no charge. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.