Freezing during gameplay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I've encountered my Mac freezing up sometimes during gameplay when I'm using Leopard OS. Is there anyway to get the application to close other than reaching for the power button? I've tried command-Q and the cmd-alt-delete but it doesn't seem to work.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're playing in full screen mode - same as no access to your desktop while in the game, you'll not have access when it freezes.

Play that game in windowed mode and enlarge it to max size. Then you'll still be able to get to the dock (along with Activity Monitor) and the menu to be able to shut down that game.

Along with lowering some of the graphics settings to alleviate the freezing, would also check on the game site for any new patches they may have. Keeping a game patched really is a must for a lot of 3d games since they like to release half of them while they should be in beta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.