Headphone jack configuration

Reaction score
I just got some new speakers for my g4 and I can't get my headphone jack selected as my primary audio output. When I open the System Preferences and go to the Audio section, the only output selection is the Built-in speakers. How can I install the headphone jack so that I can listen to music through the new speakers? The speakers are a regular audio jack and not usb. I use Mac OS X 10.4.11 with all the latest updates that I can download.

Thanks in advance.

OP
S
Reaction score
I did plug them in, but it still didn't work. Is as if I haven't pluged it in at all.

I think the problem is that the jack is broken. When I try to plug the cable in the microphone jack, it fits perfectly, but when I try to put it in the headphone jack it seems lose.

I saw some people complaining about the headphone cable that it was too thick to fit the jack. Maybe I need one of those thick ones to plug in to my jack? Or is it just broken?

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.