Educational Discount.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just bought my first Mac, a Macbook Pro 15" 2.4GHz. Now I've just got an offer for my old laptop. So I was wondering, the terms for the educational discount say 1 laptop per academic year. But if I return the current and then purchase an upgraded computer (a Macbook Pro 17" to be precise) can I use my educational discount on the second purchase? since I've returned the first one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've used my educational discount to buy several computers in a single year and have yet to experience any problems. I really don't think it's going to be an issue, and worst case scenario, you explain the situation to a manager and he/she should take care of you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
not sure about the student discount, but look at it this way.. we're limited to 6 a year and two per address with our discount. Student's probably much more lax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
If you have an ability to get student discount - fill your boots. It won't always be that way.

I can't imagine Apple not wanting to sell more equipment as, after all, they are in it to make a profit and even with student discount they do.

They'd probably take a dim view if you acted as a distributor - quite rightly.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Exactly, The only reason for the limit is to keep people from trying to profit on the discount or buying discounts computer for their entire family. If it's obvious that you're not doing either of those, there shouldn't be any problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Im curious, im going to be going to an apple store the day after my graduation to get my macbook (yay). But at that point i wont have my ID for college yet, will they still give me the discount in store w/o the ID? Should i maybe take my acceptance letter with me in case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Bring in your college acceptance letter or schedule if you have one. Anything that proves you're in college.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Cool, i'll be sure to now. Thanks! lol i have been counting down the days since like, December!! Only 1 more month to go and that glorious piece of hardware they call a Macbook shall be mine *eyes get wide and watery*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shopping for one now.
It seems pretty simple to order a Mac online and use the Edu discount- student/teacher or not. I'm in the process of shopping for a MBP and my sister is a teacher. I just entered her school and the only thing I didn't do was enter the credit card number to complete the sale. What's keeping folks from doing that? It's got to be more than just "doing the right thing"? Would there be upgrade issues later or something of that nature?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.