p2p on macs (limewire, etc)

U

UnderOath

are applications like limewire usable on apple computers? sorry guys, im totally a newb when it comes to apple, and am just trying to find out as much as i can before i make the switch.. i mainly use my computer for music, internet and word processing, but the other 2 categories are of no problem. :batman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep there are mac compatible versions of most psp clients:

Limewire, Bittorrent and Xfactor all spring to mind...

OP
U

UnderOath

Aptmunich said:
Yep there are mac compatible versions of most psp clients:

Limewire, Bittorrent and Xfactor all spring to mind...

awesome thanks for the help man. :robot:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I'm sure we don't need to go over the legalities of P2P.. ;)

Just your warning!

OP
U

UnderOath

ApplejustWorks said:
I'm sure we don't need to go over the legalities of P2P.. ;)

Just your warning!

oh of course we dont, why would i ever do such a thing! :robot:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
bittorrent and tomatoe torrent are great, limewire is fast for individual songs, but the tracks are often encoded too low. with the other 2, you get full albums at a time including album covers and such, high encoded. xnap is pretty good too.

OP
U

UnderOath

Macman said:
bittorrent and tomatoe torrent are great, limewire is fast for individual songs, but the tracks are often encoded too low. with the other 2, you get full albums at a time including album covers and such, high encoded. xnap is pretty good too.

ive heard of bittorrent, but not tomatoe and xnap.. are those both torrent clients?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tomatoe torrent is a torrent client, xnap is sorta like winmx on pc, only better.

OP
H

hawkeye

I would recommend poisoned as a better p2p, it's been around for a while, it's stable, functional, no spyware! and connects to all the networks including Windows - PC users

Torrents are good for fast access to large files, but you can search for .torrent links with poisoned and get loads of links

http://www.gottsilla.net/poisoned.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
poisoned is not good, its just like aquisition, a little different, but either way, they both get poor results, and even poorer amount of files actually download.

OP
H

hawkeye

CaptainMack said:
deffinetly go with aquisition. its great, all i can say ;)

Well if you want to spend your do$h then pay for acquisition but poisoned is free and open sourced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
Edonkey is one of the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the_New_guy said:
Edonkey is one of the best.
aquisiotion is lame, I still thin bittorrent/tomatoe torrent are the best, that and xnap.

Reaction score
p2p on mac

I was concerned about p2p options when I switched from windows not long ago. Then I tried X-factor which pulls from both the fast track and nutella networks. I found everything I wanted. This along with BitTorrents works like a charm- :mac:

OP
U

UnderOath

okay so i guess the next helpful thing would be links for available download(s) of these software(s) you guys are recommending.. ? thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm a PC user just switched so I'm used to Kazaa Lite and Ares both awesome on PC. But when I asked a mac friend what they use they suggested limewire so I used it a bit on my PC. It runs really good and has great results and is fast, I reall ylike it. On the mac its the same, I actually don't even use ares or kazaa on my pc anymore now and stick to limewire. Just make sure yo uwait a few mins when u start it so it connects well and has excellent results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.