Apple Mail freezes entire system

Reaction score
Does anyone else have consistent problems with Apple Mail being open? If I leave the app open on my Mac Mini running 10.4.11 it will eventually freeze the entire system. The mouse pointer will move, but clicking and all keyboard entry fails. I have to force a hard restart. If I'm configured for sleep and the Mail program is left open, it will often freeze in sleep and never wake up, requiring the same hard restart. If I close Mail each time, the machine never behaves this way.

I used Apple Mail on a previous Mini also running 10.4.x and had many lockup problems, and now that I think back, I usually left Mail running on that one, too. I just never correlated the problem with Mail before I got rid of it.

Any help appreciated.

Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I'm having an issue in Leopard where Mail quits as soon as it launches. It was working fine a week ago. Not sure what happened... :(

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PPC Dual 2 gig 6gig ram 10.5.3 and a G4 Mirror Door dual 1.25 2 gig ram
Hi Sean, I'm having the same since upgrading to 10.5.4. Does it work in a different account?????. If so you may have a corrupt preference for mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.