Applemail

O

officehelper

I know this is going to sound really stupid but I need some answers.

We are using apple mail on our new iMac os 10 panther

randomly when we attach a doc that was scanned by our scanner it places the doc in the body of the letter as well as placing it as an attachment, how do we get it to stop doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Im not sure about Mail, but Entourage does this and it does it as a feature.. so it's not really in the body, but it is showing a preview of it, especially pdf's images, etc.. while I really like this feature, I guess some might not and Im not sure if you can turn it off.. Hopefully someone that uses Mail might have a little more info on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think its just a preview, if your mailing to another mac user, it is in the body, if not, its not, but you cant turn it off, though why would you want to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
It is just a preview of the attached picture, it's not a double attachment. Mozilla does that too, as does Thunderbird.
I'm using Mail, but couldn't find any way tu turn it off. The only thing I found was turning off image loading in HTML mails, which is kind of a protection against spammer.

OP
O

officehelper

i thought it was a preview too until one of our clients called and complained about it. it's just a hassel. our clients are not used to it coming up like that. I called apple and they had no clue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.