Help with iWeb what to do when not using .mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I've heard lots of mention of easily being able to use iWeb and then using ftp to upload somewhere else. Does anyone have a good guide of exactly how to do this. Most importantly including which ftp client you would suggest and the best (hopefully free) host you use to host your site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 MacBook Pro
I use cyberduck, its free. You have to publish your site to a folder then conect and upload with FTP, then away you go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I don't think a good free hosting site is available, most of them are either really bad, or stick advertising all over your pages.

You should be able to find a low cost hosting site, with a domain name for not very much tho

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Hmmm anyone know any mediocre ones? Thing is I won't be using much space, it's not for a professional website, and I just can't see paying monthly for something that I'm just really not using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
I used t use www.homestead.com, I used it for over 7 years.

It was easy to use but I have found if you don't know HTML or something it is kind of hard to get a professional looking website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.