Ringtones in .M4R

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
Anyone know any sites that you can download ringtones from and then just drag them into the iTunes under the ringtone folder ? I found one pretty cool site called www.m4r.us but they dont really have anything I like.

Any Suggestions ?:D

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
i have a program that can make a ring tone out of any song in your itunes library and the app to directly put it into your itunes ringtones is free

pm me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
You can drag a song into GarageBand and cut it up then import the selection to iTunes as a ringtone. Do a search for 'garageband ringtone', and I think you'll find a link to the instructions.

OP
cjvdh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
You can drag a song into GarageBand and cut it up then import the selection to iTunes as a ringtone. Do a search for 'garageband ringtone', and I think you'll find a link to the instructions.

Yeah I have Garageband and once I do all that and try to drag the 30 second ringtone I made it wont let me drag them over into iTunes under Ringtones and I try and double click it from the desktop and it doesnt work. Am I doing something wrong ? Can someone give me a link to a good Ringtone program I can get on my MAC thats another thing I found alot of programs but none worth with mac there all for Windows :(

OP
cjvdh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
If anyone can help me that would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
You're gonna have to search. There are a couple threads about making ringtones.

I CAN tell you that you do NOT drag the clip back to iTunes. There's something in one of the pulldown menus that sends it back as a ringtone.

OP
cjvdh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
You're gonna have to search. There are a couple threads about making ringtones.

I CAN tell you that you do NOT drag the clip back to iTunes. There's something in one of the pulldown menus that sends it back as a ringtone.

Yeah because when I try and drag it in there it doesnt work. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Anyone know any sites that you can download ringtones from and then just drag them into the iTunes under the ringtone folder ? I found one pretty cool site called www.m4r.us but they dont really have anything I like.
Any Suggestions ?:D

Have you tried iToner? its simple it has an iPhone desk image u drag Audio files to the image then u click the Sync icon ON the IMAGE -not in the itune window. It worked like a breeze for me. No problems what so ever give it a go.
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
The aforementioned iTunes + Garageband is free.

iToner looks cool, but costs $15, and looks like it also requires that you use something else to edit your sounds to ringtone lengths.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
I think THIS is how it's done:

You can drag your music files in the window of garageband, cut the portion you want and then ....(Someone else help me out because i have never been past this point.)
Update.
1. Drag your song to the main window.
2. Highlight what you want to click and then goto edit and click clip at playhead(Interface is just like iMovie with doing simple operations).Or you can highlight what part you do not want and then cut. There will be a slider bar above your compilation atop of your choice. Stretch it to the length of your file.If not then your ringtone will only be 5 seconds.
3. Click on the Share tab at the top of the main program.
4. Click to send ringtone to iTunes(It will do the rest for you and then it will open itunes and play the track. Then the rest is simple.
Also you can choose to fade the track and all.

OP
cjvdh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
Yeah I dont have gargage band 4.1.1 or whatever the newest one is. I have version 3.1.4 or something like that and when I go to try and update it says no updates are available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.