• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Warning XP Users: Microsoft warns of IE7 lock-in with XP SP3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
I like IE7 over 6 anyway. Tabs rule.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I like IE7 over 6 anyway. Tabs rule.

Agreed... while I don't use IE all that much on my personal machines, I do quite a bit at work and find IE7 to be vastly superior.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm skipping SP3 altogether at this point. I heard it's marred with problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Lmao!!! I love windows!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks mojonandha for the heads up on this as I was going to upgrade my Windows notebook and gaming machine SP3. I MUCH prefer IE7 to IE6.

I guess I will hold off till they fix it. There are times I have to use IE for some tests and website testing.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks mojonandha for the heads up on this as I was going to upgrade my Windows notebook and gaming machine SP3. I MUCH prefer IE7 to IE6.

I guess I will hold off till they fix it. There are times I have to use IE for some tests and website testing.

I made the mistake of installing XP SP3 beta RC1 on a gaming box and it completely crippled a number of my games. Thankfully I had a backup ;) But, now that it's in release form I'm installing the release version on an XP VM just for testing. I'll check back in and let you know my observations if you're interested.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I made the mistake of installing XP SP3 beta RC1 on a gaming box and it completely crippled a number of my games. Thankfully I had a backup ;) But, now that it's in release form I'm installing the release version on an XP VM just for testing. I'll check back in and let you know my observations if you're interested.

Will be very interested in the results of your tests!! :D

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I dont mind IE7 i just wish i hadnt installed SP3, i had no crashes before it and since installing it i get at least 2 a day now! its really REALLY annoying! World of Warcraft usually freezes now the first time i start it up and i have to turn the computer off and on again to sort it!

OP
mojonandha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Its not that i dont like IE7. When it was in beta I used it for a few days but due to horrific crashes i switched back to IE6. And started using firefox at home so the only place is ever use IE6 is at work and i cant use IE7 coz most of our web applications are not supported.

PS:Its early morning at work, so pardon me if i happen to speak in circles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.