Help, Windows and Parallels will not close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Hi all,

I installed Parallels yesterday and it seemed to go well. I pulled XP in from Boot Camp and was using the coherence mode, which didn't seem as advertised. Anyhow, I installed Word 2007 and those apps work well.

Then I opened NeoOffice to try a file transfer from Word and it seemed to be in some kind of suspension - it wouldn't run properly and I couldn't close it for about an hour, even using Command Q to force it to close.

After NeoOffice finally closed, I tried to close Windows and Parallels, and they've both been running all night - I cannot shut XP down, it just keeps running. I also cannot shut down Parallels because XP is running...

Not sure which way to go. I can't even shut the computer down. Help please if you know how. I haven't tried removing the battery, hoping for Mac solution...

EDIT: Solved, read below...

Thanks, Noel

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Sorry to have bothered everyone with this post. I solved the problem!

I removed the battery and left it out for a few minutes, re-installed it and when I opened the cover, the screen was a normal black. So I started it normally and Windows and Parallels were both gone.

A crude force close, but it worked, so I thought I would pass this along in case it happens to you in the future. (I hope not)...

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.