If I get CS3 Ext., Would Lightroom be useful to get also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm graduating very shortly and the time has come to be able to buy some Adobe products for a significant discount. I'm going to get CS3 Extended (which is $195 at the bookstore), but I was wondering if I should get Lightroom also (Which is $109 at the bookstore)

I've been trying to get into photography, but haven't taken enough time to get into, though I plan to. I'll be traveling a lot for my new job, so I think I'll have some interesting photography opportunities. I think Lightroom may be more helpful at first and then I can move into PS and still use LR in some ways. But, I want to get some advice from people who use these programs before spending $109 on LR when I may not have to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Lightroom would be a good app to buy if you intend to take a lot of pictures. But be aware there is a new version in beta testing right now, not sure when it is due for release but may be worth waiting for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
do they have an aperture discount? if they do, take aperture over lightroom

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Unfortunately, they don't have Aperture, and I can't wait for the next LR since I won't be able to get the student discount any longer. But I think half price makes it a good deal even if they come out with a new version soon. I do plan to take a lot of photos, and the included software with my camera is just annoying and a pain in the rear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.