no sound from edirol ua 25 with garage band

Reaction score
hooked up my edirol ua 25 interface to my macbook and the interface is lit up but i cant get sound out of it in garage band, im new to mac so can anyone steer me in the right direction thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
I'm guessing you went to Garageband>Preferences>Audio Tab and selected the edirol as your output?

OP
H
Reaction score
well i clicked built in input should it say edirol because i think im doing something wrong lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It shouldn't say "built in output" It should say "edirol"... If that is not an option than you'll have to look for a driver of some kind to get Garageband to recognize your interface.

If you want to record through the edirol then you will need to select it as the input too.

The "built in output" is the speakers on the macbook... The "built in input" is the mic jack on the side...
If you select the edirol as your output, you have speakers connected to it, right?

OP
H
Reaction score
when it asked where to install the interface i selected the mac HD should i have picked something else

OP
H
Reaction score
i can see an edirol icon in system prefrences but it says i cant change the preferences because it doesnt work on an intel based macs. what does this mean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because I haven't used your specific interface, I don't know that I can help much more.
I don't see why it wouldn't work with intel based macs.. Have you downloaded the latest drivers???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First of all.. I'm not being sarcastic.. but in the future you will get faster responses by typing things like "edirol ua25 drivers" into google (which is what I did) and it took me to this page where the 3rd download from the top is an osx driver.

It may help... it may not. Let us know how it works!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.