I recently bought a MacBook

Reaction score
And I bought a smaller hard drive to save me some money but the problem is i ran out of space and now I need a bigger one. I was wondering what is the biggest hard drive I can put into my mac book. By the way I have a 13 inch white mac book and it is one of the newer 2.4GHz models.

any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
And I bought a smaller hard drive to save me some money but the problem is i ran out of space and now I need a bigger one. I was wondering what is the biggest hard drive I can put into my mac book. By the way I have a 13 inch white mac book and it is one of the newer 2.4GHz models.

any help would be appreciated.

It depends on how fast a hard drive you want. I wanted a 7200 RPM drive (the fastest available in the notebook laptop market) so the biggest I could get was 200 GB. I believe you can get a 250 GB, 5400 RPM drive. If you're mainly concerned with data capacity, get the 5400 RPM drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
Yes, but Id hold off for the Hitachi 320G 7200 RPMer that will be here in a few days.

Reaction score
I've got a 320GB WD disc in my Macbook. I went for this drive, which is a 5400 RPM drive over a 7200 RPM version as battery life is more important to me than maximum data speeds and the faster the drive, the more power it consumes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
500GB 7200rpm laptop drives are starting to appear :D can't wait to get my hands on one.. they are about $300 i think :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.