Ahh.. my CD-RW got stuck.

T

Toanjii

Hi,

I burnt a cd-rw from my pc. I must admit the disk is old and a bit scratched. However, the PC reported burn successful.

When I put it in my drive and tried to copy the mp3 files on it to my desktop, it spun fast, then slow and then told me there was an error with parts of the data (code 36).

Then I tried ejecting it. The CD-RW icon disappeared from the desktop but disk didn't come out.

I tried to restart the machine but it got stuck at the screen where the dock and finder is gone, and there's a grey transparent layer over the top of the wallpaper with the spinning "Mexican-wave" dashes.

I waited for 5 mins and decided to hold the power button to turn it off. When turning back on, I held the eject button and the disk came out (THANKFULLY!!).

Was what I did harmful to my system? Could a scratched/corrupted CD cause that much problem?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Toan.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
That sounds like the start up screen.

If it is gray an Apple in the center of the screen and below it there is a circle made up of dash lines that go on and off as if going in a circle. Then that is normal.

OP
T

Toanjii

hi,
it wasn't the startup screen. it was my custom wallpaper not the grey screen with the apple logo. but it does have the spinning circle of dashes. this is before the machine actually turns off.

does this change the situation?

Thanks,

Toan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i've heard some pplz just turning off the laptop and well.. carefully holding the laptop turning it over (slot facing ground) and just carefully carefully shake it.. and let gravity do its work to drop the cd out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
whoops n.m i read your disk came out ><

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.