Help! Missing 'Macintosh HD', not just icon, its also gone in Finder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHZ 2GB RAM 120GB HD runny leopard
Hey Everyone,

Last week i purchased a white macbook, 2GHZ.
After running bootcamp - and cancelling bootcamp, i was left with two hard drives, one the bit it partitioned, and then macintosh HD. After this, i turned of my macbook, as always. After a couple of turn offs over a few days i noticed that my Macintosh HD icon was missing, and its even missing in finder.

Having still got a 5GB partition, i used bootcamp wizard (after searching on macforums) and it has successfully been partitioned back to macintosh HD, but i have no Macintosh HD!!!!

Sorry about telling you the whole Bootcamp scenario but i dont know if it is relevent. I have looked at this post but it seems really complecated. I am a great Windows Programmer (sorry - it had to be said - it eats me up aswell) but i am new to the whole mac scene!

Thanks Guys - and please - dont tell me i have to re-install leopard!!!

Oh, i have a 120GB hard drive...DID have a 120GB hard drive, and all my programs still work, so it is still there. but hidden i assume!

Thanks Again

-golddiggerpro-
:Shouting:

THINGS TRIED

- Made sure the hard drive icons show up on desktop
- Made sure the hard drive is still there (When i go to install something i can still select it)

Also, (sorry to be a pain, but i have searched everywhere!), before repartitioning the extra 5GB i filled up my macintosh HD.

thank you thank you thank you!!!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHZ 2GB RAM 120GB HD runny leopard
Thanks

Wow that first link is exactly the problem, thanks!!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.