creating a JPG with clickable links...

Reaction score
1. I had designed a company newsletter.
2. Exported it as PDF... PDF was able to keep the links i created
3. PDF sends as attachment via email so i converted to JPG so my customer can see the image right away when they open my email
4. Once converted to JPG the links are no longer accessable.

*i know this can be done as I had recieved another newletter like this that had links on it and it was in JPG format.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
3. PDF sends as attachment via email so i converted to JPG so my customer can see the image right away when they open my email

*i know this can be done as I had recieved another newletter like this that had links on it and it was in JPG format.

thanks
A JPG is a flattened image file. You may have thought you received one with links on it, but you could not have.
What you probably did receive was a PDF or HTML newsletter that allowed for hyperlinks to be placed over an image.
Just leave the project as a PDF if you want people to be able to click links.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM

thanks

The JPG itself didn't have a link. there was embedded html in the news letter you saw previously. I'd bet my socks on it.
Stick with the PDF format. People are used to clicking and opening things they get in their email.

OP
K
Reaction score
The JPG itself didn't have a link. there was embedded html in the news letter you saw previously. I'd bet my socks on it.
Stick with the PDF format. People are used to clicking and opening things they get in their email.

you are correct it was indeed htm. just gave me an optiono so save as jpg.

anyway to change pdf to html?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.