OS X and WIN XP Networking

K

kikaider

I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station with my Powerbook and i can't seem to do internet sharing and file sharing with my PC. Can anyone help??

OP
H

hokiethang

kikaider said:
I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station with my Powerbook and i can't seem to do internet sharing and file sharing with my PC. Can anyone help??

we may need some more information. Does the PC have a wireless card? Is it getting an IP address from the Airport station? Is the internet connection plugged into the Airport or into the PC?

OP
J

JazzTrpt

kikaider said:

Assuming everything is plugged into the right place, then I think you need to go to Apple's system prefs to the sharing panel. Under the "Services" tab I think you need to check "Personal File Sharing" and "Windows File Sharing". I'm not sure if there is something similar to this in Windows XP, but I imagine you'd have to do something along those lines.

OP
K

kikaider

i have already figured out the file sharing part, and have got it working fine. Now its the internet sharing part. The internet is connect to my Powerbook. So how do i get my PC to share the internet with my Powerbook through the Airport base.

OP
J

JazzTrpt

kikaider said:
i have already figured out the file sharing part, and have got it working fine. Now its the internet sharing part. The internet is connect to my Powerbook. So how do i get my PC to share the internet with my Powerbook through the Airport base.

As long as your PC has a wireless internet card installed, all you have to do is set up your connection preferences in your PC. I have no clue how to do that. :-D

OP
H

hokiethang

JazzTrpt said:
As long as your PC has a wireless internet card installed, all you have to do is set up your connection preferences in your PC. I have no clue how to do that. :-D

what version of windows? if its XP it should do it automatically, just make sure its set to DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) in the connection settings on wireless card in network connections.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.