Anyone Know The Answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 3.06GHz 10.6.5 8GB (1067) 500GB HDD MBP 13" 2.66GHz 8GB (1067) 500gb HDD
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with this query! If you shoot from 2 cameras (each with their own individual file names eg, IMG + PQUS), and you put all images into a folder on your mac, how do you arrange the images so that they are arranged from time taken? Date created tends to arrange by file number, and then time taken!) Is there a setting for date picture taken?, regardless of how the file name starts?
Any help really appreciated!
K

Reaction score
You could use a programme called A better finder rename7, and rename the files to the date and time created.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
If you are shooting simutaneously wouldn't some or all the times be the same?

I would probably just name them two different file names from each camera.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 3.06GHz 10.6.5 8GB (1067) 500GB HDD MBP 13" 2.66GHz 8GB (1067) 500gb HDD
not exactly, there is still a sequence of time if you are switching over from shooting with a wide lens, and then shooting telephoto a second later. Problem with that solution is that when a client receives the contact sheets after the job, half way down, the images revert back to the start of the job as the file name changes!
Sim 101, i downloaded that piece of software as suggested and it works a dream. totally sorted my problem. Thanks very much!
keith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Alternatively if you're shooting professionally, you might want to look into a proper tool such as Aperture or Lightroom.

Heck - even iPhoto sorts images by time taken ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.