so sad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
Its amazing how hard it is to throw out a mac.

I've owned this Blue and White G3 300mhz for 4 years.

Its been overclocked, reformatted dozens of times, supped up, crashed, and had its memory changed so many times I forget.

Its gone threw OS8.6, 9, then to 10.4, back down to 10.3, then back up to 10.4, then finally 10.2.

I've given it away 4 times, and it always came back to me needing more love and attention, and usually after crashing.

But now finally, after almost 10 years of service, the logic board has finally given up. As I type this its heading to a landfill, stripped to its barebones.

I can throw out pentium 4 windows boxes no problem, but this 10 year old G3 was so hard to toss.

You had a good run, RIP.

:[

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Interesting you should say that. I still have my PowerMac G3 and my Macintosh SE/30.

Reaction score
Hm............I'd have to upgrade to understand that feeling. ;)
Actually, when I sold my iMac G3, my PowerMac G4 was so much of an improvement that I didn't really have that much trouble.
The only things I miss are the 2 headphone jacks in the front and the microphone.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you keep any of the case parts? I need a few things for my old G3 B&W.

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I still have my clamshell g3 and just cannot bear to throw it away. By the way - have you noticed you never see old Mac's sitting on the curb like you do PC's?

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I just got a new iMac not too long ago, but I still have my old iMac G4 right next to it. I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. When it dies I'll have to turn it into something cool. Can't really make a fish tank out of this model. I wonder what you can make out of a G4 iMac?

OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I know the feeling. I still have my clamshell g3 and just cannot bear to throw it away. By the way - have you noticed you never see old Mac's sitting on the curb like you do PC's?

Well actually, I bought a lot of 40 or so vintage macs a year ago (Performas, old 7600,8600,9600, and a couple IIfx etc) and at least half didn't work so I made little "walls" of towers every week till the bad one were gone.

But no, I never see macs in the trash. Its a good thing :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That's like my first Mac.. My G4 TiBook (667mhz DVI).. My one ex-gf had dropped it and cracked the case above the express-card slot and cracked my WiFi card...

Then my LAST ex-gf, "knocked" it off my bed, and it took another spill and the hinge/LCD frame got cracked and I had to fix it with some Macguyver skills..

Being my first Mac, I miss it.. She ended up keeping it because she's a spoiled brat.. But regardless.. I'd give a lot to have it back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2G Mac Pro, 6Gb RAM, Lotsa HD space, 24" Samsung LCD
Yep if my girlfriend broke my Mac, it would be time to get a new one... girlfriend that is! :eek: ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.