Gimp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
Hey, I was wondering why the readme in the GIMP program for mac (2.4.5) says IMPORTANT: Use at own risk!
Will it contain malicious content or create errors?:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
GIMP is completely open source and therefore has no warranty, etc. of any kind. If you're using it for professional work and some kind of incompatibility messes stuff up, you can't exactly "return" GIMP in protest and get your money back (not that you spent money on it; that's the entire point). And more targeted at Americans, the message would also include the inability to sue anyone for losses in such an event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
its to protect them. use at your own risk like if your working on a project for 2 hours and gimp crashes losing all your work they are not responsible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
its to protect them. use at your own risk like if your working on a project for 2 hours and gimp crashes losing all your work they are not responsible.

u should probably save more often... i should know :(

OP
dr_doof
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
Oh right. I thought it was something to do with a virus...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.