• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I have a new job!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've been going to graduate school for the past year and a half and will be graduating this weekend. I was a little worried because I didn't have a good job lined up, but today I received an offer from a very good Fortune 500 company (pretty high up on the list). I'll be doing internal auditing, which will will require me to travel around the country much of the time, but the pay and benefits look pretty good: Much better than my job before I started grad school.

Between this, graduation, and the little orange tag under my name, I'd say this is my best month of the year! *sings* "believe it or not, I'm walking on air . . ." Wait, maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Congratulations on that :) Maybe you should be getting lottery tickets, this week in Denmark its $7,000,000 :) Which machines are the company using? Apple ones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Congrats!
So how far up near the top is the 500 is this company?
Got a MacBook/Pro to take on the road with you of course... ;)

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats!
So how far up near the top is the 500 is this company?

Not in the top 25, but close.

Got a MacBook/Pro to take on the road with you of course... ;)

Yeah, but I'm starting to kick around the idea of getting an MBA. I'm sure I'll have to tote a company laptop with me, but with so much lengthy travel I'm going to want my own computer with me. The MBA might just be exactly what I need.

Reaction score
Congrats!!!!

Its honestly really great to hear stories about things just coming together after years of hard work. I truly hope you love your job, and everything you do. Goodluck in everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Yeah, but I'm starting to kick around the idea of getting an MBA. I'm sure I'll have to tote a company laptop with me, but with so much lengthy travel I'm going to want my own computer with me. The MBA might just be exactly what I need.

When i heard you describe it i actually immediately thought about the MacBook Air :) I think that would be my choice too, but then again its not that smart because of the small disc

EDIT: Typo

Reaction score
That is great news! You have had quite a fantastic month thus far!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Nice! I'm jealous...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
Congrats! That's really awesome! I'll be headed to grad school in a year... I sure hope it's as successful as your time there was! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Congratulations!! ...and it is wonderful to hear that you are having such a great month overall!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Congrats on the the good news! keep us posted on how the job goes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
man i should go to grad school, seems where the money is at...

i just can't decide exactly what i want to do after i graduate...go into sociology research or youth ministry...

hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Congrats. I guess next to money, traveling is the best part. If you happen to go to King of Prussia mall, please dont say my name there. I owe em 2$.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Not in the top 25, but close.

if you need a MBA for a steal, you know who to get in touch with. I could save you lotta $$$$$$. Think about it.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, thanks for all the well-wishing!

man i should go to grad school, seems where the money is at...

i just can't decide exactly what i want to do after i graduate...go into sociology research or youth ministry...

hmm

I would personally recommend going out and working for at least a few years first. Going out and working for a while helped me realize what I did, and definitely didn't want to do.

Congrats. I guess next to money, traveling is the best part. If you happen to go to King of Prussia mall, please dont say my name there. I owe em 2$.

if you need a MBA for a steal, you know who to get in touch with. I could save you lotta $$$$$$. Think about it.

Ok, guy, you're starting to scare me!! :eek: ;P

Congrats! Is the job at Wellpoint by chance? If so get me a job...

Actually, I kinda wish it was Wellpoint, because they're actually headquartered where I currently live. But where I'm going is pretty good also. Sorry I can't help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
You better make sure they give you a mac otherwise it's not worth it and you should leave the company.

Congrats! I love traveling myself, but be prepared to hate air travel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.