Aperture 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM
Anyone using this that can share some thoughts on it??? How does it stack up compared to lightroom?? A good program for the price??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I have been using Aperture 2 since its launch and think it is a great app. I have no experience of Lightroom and went for Aperture mainly because of its new features, speed of operation and finally price (much cheaper than Lightroom).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I tried the Lightroom beta back when I was using aperture 1. Didn't care for it. Aperture 2 is really nice, there's a trial version on the apple website, check that one out first

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM
Cheers guys hoping to get it soon sick of iphoto !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I love aperture. One thing I would suggest though, is keeping iphoto in your workflow. I tend to use aerture strictly for my raw files. I process them in aperture, and then export them as tiff and jpegs. I store a backup of the original raw file and the processed tiff on a seperate external drive, and then i import the jpeg into iphoto for quicker viewing. It keeps the bloatign down in aperture and stops mixture of raw and processed files. This is mainly becuase at time i just use my p&s cameras and they are strictly jpegs. having all my jpegs in in iphotoreall makes it east to show people everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.