Dropped MacBook beeps, won't display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook; 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Today my MacBook fell flat onto a hard tile floor. When I booted it up again, nothing would display and the computer was beeping. Apart from the beeping, the HD sounded normal booting up. I'd like to think it's just a loose cable somewhere, but I tried get some non-visual evidence of HD activity with mixed results. The battery appears to be charging normally, but I could not get a disc currently in the optical drive to eject. I could not elicit any sounds from the computer other than the beeping. The beeping is also not affected by the volume/mute buttons. This isn't the dreaded click-click-pause. It's three high-pitched beeps followed by a pause.

Any ideas? Is it completely screwed?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just a guess but that beep code sounds like the RAM. Did you check to see if it came part way out of the socket?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" mid 2010, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
Mine is also doing this, anyone fix it cept for having Apple repair it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.