screensaver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Anyone use a screensaver that doesn't come with Mac OS?? I'm looking for some really graphical screensavers...if anyone has suggestions let me know!

and can screensavers for windows be used for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
http://www.objective-cocoa.org/fenetresvolantes/en/index_en.html

Makes the windows and background float around. The background doesn't stay back there, it floats with the other windows, despite what the example they show there does. Works also with multiple screens.

[edit] Also be sure to turn off the LCD screen after a few. Unless you have LEDs backlighting it (and I can't wait until OLEDs come out) it has a finite lifespan.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Okay...but when you say...turn off the LCD screen after a few....will they die out on me if i dont? i have it turn off after about 15 minutes...i bought the newest MBP I could buy...im assuming it is just LCD, correct?

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it looks like, when looking at specs of my laptop, that its LED....does that mean they won't burn out or for a really long time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
In a way, yes. It's the backlighting that goes out on you. 15 minutes is just fine. I think the newest uses LEDs, in which case you're probably mounds better off.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah I'm definitely using LED. That's good to hear. I still think I'll put the screen to sleep after 15 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
this thing is amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.