Bootcamp vista video problems

Reaction score
I just got a new imac (2.6, 4gb RAM, 256 nVidia) and I installed bootcamp and Vista Premium (32 bit)...vista will start up normally then as soon as the desktop comes up the screen starts flashing (almost as if some virus was opening up every possible program, but it is not opening anything)...if I hit ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager the flashing stops, i can hit cancel and windows works normally, except...it is running in 640x480...if I go to display settings and try to change them it starts flashing again, and I have to hit ctrl-alt-del to get it to stop...any help for a new guy? Thanks

Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
did you install the boot camp drivers?

OP
R
Reaction score
The problem occurred before I installed the boot camp drivers off the osx install disk, so I guessed that would fix the problem but it didn't, then I updated the windows (Windows Update) and this still did not fix the problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
after you made the bootcamp partition, when you went to install vista did you format the partition or just install

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sounds like the drivers didn't install properly. When the warnings came up about the drivers not being signed, did you acknowledge them in the affirmative, allowing them to be installed anyway?

Also, did you get the update to Boot Camp? Apple includes updates to the drivers in this release.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.