Safari 1.3.2 crashing on 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.3.9 1GHz PowerPC G4 eMac 768 MB SDRAM
Hello,

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice. I am teching this machine for a friend who is stuck, and I only know windows, so please forgive me.

I am running an older machine (10.3.9 1GHz PowerPC G4 eMac 768 MB SDRAM) and am having some serious problems with safari 1.3.2. For starters, whenever I try to download a file (like a Safari upgrade) it saves a .dmg file to the desktop, but immediately safari crashes and I submit an error report.

Also, safari is not understanding javascript commands in hyperlinks, even though Safari|Preferences|Security|Enable Javascript is checked.

Thank you for any help you can give me to get this browser acting like a browser.

Frank.

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Is it possible to download the latest Safari on another machine then transfer it over the network or with usb drive and install? Does Software Update work (click apple logo in the top left)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it possible to download the latest Safari on another machine then transfer it over the network or with usb drive and install? Does Software Update work (click apple logo in the top left)

Software Update works, but "Your software is up to date". I didn't think about DL'ing it onto a different machine and then thumb-driving it over. Will give that a shot and let you know.

Thanks!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, I thumb drived the SafariUpdate1.3.2.dmg file over to the desktop and when double-clicked, it flashed like it was opening, but then nothing. No file appeared on the desktop.

Is my (his) OS hosed? How do I fix?

Thank you.

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with Mac 10.3.9
Looking for an answer anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Safari 1.3 is as high as it goes on 10.3.9.

You can either upgrade to a later OS, or switch to another browser. I believe that Opera 10 is supported under 10.3; it's the only browser that'll run on that OS that's still being updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 GHz PowerPC G4
Safari 1.3.2 crashing on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Iv'e been trying to figure this out on my wife's mac for 3 days now. I'm in the process of installing another version of safari, or at least re-installing 1.3.2. I have found that an older version of firefox seems to be working out sweet. Mozilla firefox version 2.0.0.20 This is the link to all the previous versions. Old Version of Firefox for Mac Download I'm actually looking here for the Safari app. hope this helps. Dennis

Reaction score
Thank you for the information on Safari crashing.I did what you advised about the older version of Firefox and it worked a treat. Thank you again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.