Can someone help me?

Reaction score
I have a MBP 15", 2.2, 2 gb Ram and 120 gb Hard drive. I bought it in November of last year and now I want to get a 20" Imac desktop but I'm not sure if I should. I like the portability of the MBP but I would like a bigger screen. I would appreciate any advice!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Why don't you just buy a 20" flat screen and connect it to the MBP when you are at home?

OP
L
Reaction score
Do you think that that would be fine? I thought about that but I wonder about the MBP's capabilities as compared to the desktop.

OP
L
Reaction score
So far everything is working great! I'm only running Adoble Lightroom and I haven't any problems yet but I wonder when I get Adobe CS3 if that will slow the MBP down -

Reaction score
I'm gonna say it's probably not a necessity that you get a new iMac. Your MBP will probably be able to handle CS3 quite well.

That being said, if you want an iMac, and you have the money, go for it. I have a 24" iMac, and it's so gorgeous. I'm sure you'll love it.

Macs are kind of like crack, they're very addicting. So I understand where you're coming from :)

OP
L
Reaction score
I'd have to agree. When I get home I just love looking at it. It's an awesome machine. I would like to buy the 24" but I can't afford to spend that much right now. Thanks for the advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I'm running CS3 on my 2.4ghz MBP, and it runs great. It also ran well enough on my old 1.67ghz G4 powerbook.

Just get a bigger monitor and you'll be set.

OP
L
Reaction score
Avenger thanks man. I love my computer!! I really do. I was wondering if it was worth it or not. Thanks! I figured as much. I think I will buy a 20" or 22" monitor and buy AppleCare so I don't worry about problems later. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.