My MacBook won't start up

Reaction score
I try to turn my macbook on and it will either: get all the way to the home screen then almost immediately the screen will go blank either being blue, black, or pink, or it will continously try to restart and never work, or it just will never even get to the home screen. Please give me any advice you can! thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I try to turn my macbook on and it will either: get all the way to the home screen then almost immediately the screen will go blank either being blue, black, or pink, or it will continously try to restart and never work, or it just will never even get to the home screen. Please give me any advice you can! thanks.

Boot the machine with your install DVD and run disk utility directly from the DVD. If that doesn't resolve the problem, take it in to Apple repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.