Dell Printer Drivers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC & MacBook Pro
Have a Dell 3010cn Color Laser Printer but cannot find any drivers for it for my iMAC running Leopard. Dell does not seem to support this printer on the Mac but was hoping to find someone out there who may know of any HP drivers that might work. Presumably if I run a version of Windows in the background that I could get it to work this way. Any ideas anyone?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dell printers are actually rebranded Lexmark printers. Of course, since Dell only sells Windows PCs, they've never felt the need to create Mac drivers for them. Your best bet would be to try to identify the corresponding Lexmark printer model. Lexmark does indeed make drivers for the Mac and you should be able to use those to connect your printer to the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Dell does offer some printer drivers that support mac os. I use a dell 3110cn at work with out a problem. Apparently if you search the dell forum on their website some guy find a way to make the 3010 work but is asking for money. all i could gather is that you have to download either a win driver or a driver that supports mac os from a different printer model and run it through a network interface

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
did you ever get this working. I have recently switched over to mac and now my printer wont work :[

Reaction score
mac driver for 3110cn

This thread is old, but in case there are others who stumble across it via a serach engine, there is a ppd file available for Mac which will work for the Dell 3110cn printer - Dell's drivers website has it if you search for the product and then look for drivers (it doesn't always come up in a direct search). Here's a URL although sometimes these things end up broken:

Drivers and Downloads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.